Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Aunt Kaitlin gets married!

Apologies for the absence of posts. Our little family has been doing some big things lately, so it will take us a few days to get caught up.

In June, we traveled to Minnesota to see Kaitlin and Johny get married. Will and I helped set up, celebrate, take down, and relax after a busy wedding celebration. The kids mostly ran around, looked cute, and caused a ruckus. Kaitlin and Johny (and the rest of us) lucked out and had a gorgeous day for a wedding. Kaitlin, of course, was beautiful. I think Evie was vying for 2nd most beautiful in her flower girl dress.

Posing so pretty for the camera

The boys looked very handsome, too. But we were in a pattern of little sleep and lots of crying. Zevon and Guthrie had no patience for all this hoopla and didn't want to take part in the celebration. Thankfully, we had a 2 helpful babysitters that allowed Will and I to enjoy the day. We did get one family shot in before things took a turn for the worse.

We almost look like we have it all together! (You should have seen the other shots...)

The reception was at the American Legion, which brought back memories for Will and me and our wedding. The yummy cupcakes were the highlight of the meal, I believe. After the wedding and reception, my parents hosted everyone at the farm for more food, lawn games, visiting, and a bit of sparkler fun. What a blast! Thank you to Kaitlin and Johny for giving us a great reason to get together on such a beautiful day!

More pictures from the wedding:

Getting Kaitlin into her dress and keeping her smiling

Evie, Uncle Chris, and Buttercup take a spin

Guthrie, on the morning of the wedding, woke up much too early and fell asleep at the breakfast table.

From the rehearsal and dinner:
Evie (showing her dress spin) with her new friend, Bridget

Zevon with Kaitlin's college roommate Kelly (who I secretly wish was my 3rd sister!)

Grandma Bev and Guthrie share a bite

Zevon and Aunt Megan share a cuddle, and perhaps tips on being the middle child

1 comment:

Megan said...

I thought Kelly already was the fourth Torgerson girl.