Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Go Cubs - Part 3 (Ballpark Food and Rally Caps)

Do you want a dog too?


Evie Lu has always been a champion eater, so it should not have surprised us that ballpark offerings would be a huge hit. We gave our little girl half a hot dog and before we knew it she was asking for more. Kaia asked me if we should give her the other half and I said we should. After all, you don't go to Wrigley every day.

I can eat and watch the Cubs.


A month before Jody and Leanne's wedding I was watching a Cubs game and they showed the broadcasters being delivered a four pound pretzel. I immediately called Jody and told him I'd buy him one at the game. It took some searching, but I found the Twist and brought it back to the bleachers. It was the talk of the 6th inning.

Behold the Twist! A four pound pretzel.


Evie Lu learned many things at the game and one of them was the magic found in a rally cap. (Well she learned that if you wear your hat in a funny way your team will still probably lose.) Evie was tickled by my head wear and was insistent on trying to fix my fashion faux pas.

Daddy, that's not going to help.


At the end of the game we had an eight game losing streak, but it was a fantastic night. Even better was the knowledge that we had tickets for the Tuesday night game as well. Go Cubs!

A happy family at the Friendly Confines.

1 comment:

Brady said...

Every single one of those pictures is my favorite picture ever.