Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Sick Mom And A Fairy Princess

Dad, you brought me to a mall to trick or treat? Ridiculous!


Kaia has been the driving force behind Halloween celebrations at our house, but this year I had to take the lead. Kaia was fighting the flu and it was up to Evie and I to carve the pumpkin and head out for free candy. The pumpkin wasn't a complete disaster (although my idea of carving a bear holding a shark got vetoed by both of the women in my life), but what was really fun was trick or treating.

A Fairy Princess doesn't like to stay in the frame.


I know my daughter is only two, but I have no desire to see her dressed as a "sexy genie" or any of the other too skimpy costumes that girls have to choose from. (Every boy costume has head to toe coverage, but girls pay just as much for not even half the material. End of rant.) What Evie really wanted was a set of wings and so she was sporting the coolest pink wings we could find. We met up with Erik, Cam, and Baby Reece who dressed up as the best looking family you'll ever see. Evangeline was a hit as we walked around the mall and did fairly well for herself on the candy front. (She even shared with her sick mom.)

Yup, I'm adorable.

2 comments:

Megan said...

...did Evie get a haircut? And also, it fills me with an odd sense of pride to see my little niece in a crown. :)

Get well, Kaia!

Sinister Minister said...

No, no haircut just double pony tails. And where did she get that crown? I wonder.