Evangeline and I are on vacation together this week while Kaia has a short week due to Thanksgiving. I was looking forward to some quality father - daughter time after being gone most of last week. Little did I know that we wouldn't even make it through a full day without an injury. Evie Lu decided to take a header off her chair as I was finishing lunch preparations. I turned just in time to see my little girl dive onto the wood floor from about four feet up.
The only injury is a fat lip, but I'm definitely more indulgent of Evie's requests today. She's fine, but I may not be. Ugh. (If anyone had been around, the comedic highpoint would have been me trying to check Evangeline for a concussion. She can't really count yet and there I was asking her how many fingers I'm holding up.)
3 comments:
Will - we are working on probably our 10th fat lip/bloody nose combo for Katie (just 3 days older than Evie), yet she's still alive :) I'd be willing to bet she's not scarred for life. For the record, Katie is usually worried about the blood getting on her "pwetty dwess" that she wears to do her rough-and-tumble play. Ah, girls! You're doing awesome with yours :)
Anne Dahmen
Man, if this is the only real war wound she got off a faceplant to the floor, she's going to be okay.
just wait....the ER will be calling.
dylan AND olivia have been there once a piece....ugh. kids huh?
just remember back to your child hood......hmmmmm, wild? you bet
Post a Comment